Monday 11 April 2011

This idea was a reference to the journals the narrator finds and reads in the home he's squatting in. The journals were written in the first person of a person's organs. This is the method the narrator uses to refer to himself as you never learn the real name of the narrator.
I imagined the journals to be handwritten on the american style notebooks. I also thought that because the house they were living in was in poor repair that the journals would be in quite a state. I always imagined them as being a copy barely held together and the pages turned yellow from water damaged and passing time.
I then went on to experiment with the actual cover of the book and attempted to hide a face in the front cover. My plan was for the face to only be truly visible when your far away from the book cover or if you went looking for it when up close to it.

I then thought about removing the spine to make it look like it wasn't taken care of at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment